Solitude and Silence
Silence, solitude and introspection are the most important factors going into a process such as this. Through these we are able to build the foundation that allows us to wholeheartedly open up, tune in and listen to what is truly happening within ourselves without the natural tendency to self-distract. We are able to face and go beyond the unnerving restlessness that pulls our attention in so many different directions. Through silence, we are able to experience life through a raw, unique, naked and healing presence. We arrive to the stillness and harmony of nature; reconnecting with the natural and loving movement of pure presence. We are able to open up and finally come into direct intimacy with life itself. In order for this to happen, each person needs a space that completely nurtures their own reconnection with themselves without the distraction or preoccupation of what is happening outside of them.
In order for this to happen it is of the utmost importance that you respect your own space and solitude as well as the space of others. We ask you to be mindful with communication; not to enter the personal space, room or hut of another. We ask that you respect and adhere to complete silence during your diet and that you understand that it is strictly forbidden to interfere with the diet of another. There are facilitators on place that are always here for your support, as well as frequent consultations directly with the shaman.
Commitment to the healing process
We are not here to cater to, satisfy, or fulfill egoic desires or expectations. This would only prove to be compromising and weakening to the process. The mission of Sinchi Runa is to simply serve truth with love and we ask that you come with respectful understanding and genuine dedication to your own process. In order to do this, you should understand that at times this may not be comfortably pleasing to the ego.
It is important that you understand that there may be moments when both physical and psychological challenges appear, which requires serious dedication and commitment. We serve by holding a safe and loving space for you to deeply live and feel your wounds and fears so that they can be transmuted and healed. It is common that challenges and inner conflicts appear and that you may be faced with things you do not necessarily want to see about yourself. You must understand that a genuine process with master plants is not only a fascinating and joyful journey but that it often involves deep and sincere shadow work and encounters with truths that exist beyond the notion of good or bad.
Interrupting the process may have serious consequences since this is a delicate healing work that requires proper closing and harmonization. We therefore ask you to deeply consider your readiness before committing to the process.
Relationships, sexuality and energy protection
The work of the master plants is a continuous reorchestration of energies; these energies often leave you open, vulnerable, susceptible, and with heightened sensitivity. This sensitivity is vital for the healing process so that you can open up and listen to the plants and universe. It allows the flow of higher understanding and healing to move without disturbance. This requires a safe and protected space of introspection and silence. Lessening both verbal and physical contact allows you to summon and utilize your energy in a way that is conducive to the healing work of the plants. This demands that you do not distract yourself or others by focusing on creating superficial relationships, interactions or romantic bonds.
During your process you must abstain from any kind of sexual interaction with others and with yourself, as well as any intimate close physical contact. This is not a moral idea, but based in the knowledge of this delicate work. After the post diet period after leaving the center, all social and sexual relationships can go on as normal.
Working with master plants requires a special and specific diet. The food we serve at the center is precisely in accordance with this. The food is strategically served at predetermined times to ensure the safe and effective intake of specific plants and the participation in purges and ceremonies. We ask you to not bring any outside food or snacks; only eating the meals provided at the center.
Use of electronic devices and communication
Electronic devices and communication through telephones and internet is not compatible with the work we do at the center. Upon arrival, we will ask for all electronic devices; storing them safely until the end of your process.
We provide all contact information needed for family, friends, and loved ones. We will happily be in correspondence with whomever is concerned to ensure that you are are safe and well.
Drugs, medicines, vitamins and natural supplies
No drugs, medicines, vitamins or natural supplements may be brought to the center without first consulting us in order to know that they are safe and compatible with the plants. We are working with strong yet delicate plants that demand the importance of your transparency to assure that you have a safe and healing process.
Cosmetics and toiletries
We ask you to not bring cosmetics or jewelry during your process. Only bringing natural toiletries with weak or no odor that do not interfere with the work of the plants or contaminate your natural surroundings.
While at the center, we ask that you understand and respect all spaces. The Maloka, Yoga Hall and Altars are sacred spaces that require respect. Touching the items on the altars or placing any personal objects or clothes upon them is not allowed. You can use the Maloka and Yoga Hall spaces for personal practice, meditation, writing, drawing etc. We just ask that you clean after yourself; putting away any blankets, pillows etc. where they belong.
We ask that you do not enter the kitchen. It is a work and preparation space for the kitchen and center staff. The food is alloted for the weekly menu. There is always fruit and tea provided for you to serve yourself throughout the day.
Terms and Conditions
When applying for a retreat or treatment you must declare that you have read and understood all of the information regarding the healing process with master plants at Sinchi Runa healing center.
I declare as followed…
1. To have completed the application form with reliable, truthful and accurate information.
2. To not have any disease or condition that is not specified in the clinical sheet. As well as to not be suffering from any diagnosed psychiatric disorders or any organic terminal pathologies whose data is hidden.
3. I declare likewise not having in my possession any illegal or legal psychoactive substances (marijuana, alcohol, cocaine, heroin, ecstasy etc.) Nor any other drugs or psychiatric prescriptions as Ritalin, Valium, benzodiazepines, antipsychotics, anticonvulsants, opioids or replacement drugs (methadone or suboxone etc.)
4. I declare that by no reason or circumstance, will I take any psychoactive substances or drugs during my stay at Sinchi Runa that are unrelated to the treatment. Furthermore, I understand that the work and mechanics of the plants used as therapy are in no way congruent with such substances.
5. I understand and agree to expulsion from Sinchi Runa in case of failure or breach of my previous statements (1,2,3, and 4), resulting in an immediate discontinuation of the program without any financial reimbursement of the provided funds.
6. I understand that healing with plants, to some degree, requires the abandoning of comfort zones. I understand that this program may have accompanying physical effects such as nausea, sleeplessness, diarrhea, constipation, etc. I understand that I am in a jungle environment where there is expected to be direct contact with an array of insects and animals while staying in the jungle. I understand that I must temporarily give up some of the comforts of daily life while residing at the center.
7. I understand that Sinchi Runa is a healing center with participants and residents coexisting and living within close proximity of one another. I understand that one needs to be responsibly self-oriented, autonomous, respectful and capable; regardless of any personal circumstances, conditions, or suffering.
8. I understand that if I decide to interrupt or further complicate my treatment or that of another, it is my own responsibility. Within this responsibility, I understand that I would not receive a refund of the payment. I understand that if I voluntarily decide to stop the therapy and treatment, I have the responsibility of letting the center know immediately so that they may safely see to the end of my process.
9. I understand that at Sinchi Runa, no means of pressure, manipulation, coercion or physical or psychological violence is permitted. I understand that any resident who chooses to use such methods towards other participants or staff at the center, is subject to immediate expulsion without receiving a payment refund.
10. I understand that the healing process can demand a great amount of effort, will power and at times physical discomfort. I agree that personal determination through the process in order to comprehend and heal is of the utmost importance.