Terms & Conditions,
Retreat Rules & Obligatory Declarations
In order to participate in our retreats all participants must agree to the below Terms & Conditions. By signing up to a retreat, you are agreeing to the below Terms & Conditions. Upon arrival at our venue for a retreat, you will be asked to re-confirm your agreement by signing a physical copy of the below form.
General Rules for Retreats at Sinchi Runa
- Alcohol, illegal and legal drugs, animal products (except eggs) are prohibited on the retreat premises. During the retreat we cannot cater to all personal dietary preferences, but we will provide the best of alternatives. Consuming food brought from outside the center is not permitted during the retreat.
- Silence must be respected on the retreat premises. Silence refers to all forms of communication with other participants, including: verbal communication, eye contact, non-verbal communication (written, signaling, physical, or other) and maintaining of personal space. Speaking with facilitators/guides for assistance in your process or practical matters is always permitted.
- Rules for conduct in the ceremonial space (including in ceremonies, group sharings or otherwise) are as follows: the atmosphere should be kept calm, respectful, pure and in silence unless instructed otherwise. During ceremonies each participant must respect silence (with no communication of any kind with other participants) and respect each individual’s personal space.
- If you have any medical issues, you must let us know when you enroll for the course. All participants are required to look after his or her own health during the course, including any required medication, doctor’s visits, hospital stays, etc. The organizers of the course can not provide medical assistance at any time during the course.
- If you have psychological issues, you must let us know when you enroll for the course. Should you suffer or have suffered from any psychological or neuronal disorders, you have checked with your doctor and you have been cleared as apt for the psych-spiritual experiences of the retreat.
- Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel your participation, you must do so a maximum of 2 weeks after the registration date for the retreat in order to receive a full refund or transfer your payment to a future retreat. If you cancel more than 2 weeks after your registration date, the full payment is non-refundable and cannot be used for a future retreat.
- If you cancel within 2 weeks of the retreat starting date, regardless of your registration date, a refund will not be possible.
- In the case of consumption of contraindicated substances and/or undisclosed contraindicated conditions on your behalf that require your participation in the retreat to be canceled, a refund will not be possible. It is the sole responsibility of the participant to disclose any contraindications, including clarifying any doubts thereof with Sinchi Runa, having been informed of contraindications with plant work beforehand.
- For the safety, respect and benefit of each one present at the retreat center, Sinchi Runa reserves the right to cancel the process of any participant that is not respecting the rules and guidelines of the retreat, without processing any refund.
- For the safety, respect and benefit of each one present at the retreat center, Sinchi Runa reserves the right to cancel the process of any participant that we perceive has not truthfully disclosed psychological or physical disorders or shows signs of psychological or physical instability whose participation could risk their wellbeing and/or that of other participants, without processing any refund.
- For the safety, respect and benefit of each one present at the retreat center, Sinchi Runa reserves the right to decide the non-participation of any particular ceremony or retreat event, if we evaluate this to be most beneficial to the process of each participant. Sinchi Runa is offering a holistic therapeutic and healing process, not selling plant medicine ceremonies; participation in ceremonies is not guaranteed unless we deem it safe and in the best interest of each participant.
- Sinchi Runa offers a space where Ayahuasca and plant medicine can be experienced in a safe, therapeutic and sacred context. Sinchi Runa does not sell plant medicine. Each participant is responsible for the ingestion of his or her own cup of Ayahuasca and other plant medicine. The participation in plant medicine ceremonies and their ingestion is completely voluntary of each participation.
- Sinchi Runa does not sell or commercialize any plant medicine.
Obligatory Participation Declarations
- I am physically and emotionally able to participate in the ceremonies and sessions. I’m aware that the sessions can have strong emotional and physical impact and it is my own responsibility to be aware of my body and my own psychological limitations, and to hold myself liable for the outcome.
- I declare that I will not hold Sinchi Runa or any of its volunteers liable for any personal loss, accident or any other damage that might result from my stay at the premises, including during any of the ceremonies and sessions.
- I declare that I have truthfully answered the registration questionnaire and disclosed any physical and psychological conditions (including addictions and traumas) I might be having or have had in the past. I take complete responsibility for any consequences of omission of data or falsehood of information regarding my medical history or other relevant information to my process.
- I declare I will not leave the retreat site during the retreat without authorization from the Sinchi Runa team.
- I declare that I take total responsibility for the decisions I make in my private life after the retreat.
- I declare that I will not use a cell phone or device to make connections, phone calls or send messages to people outside of the retreat, and/or a camera to obtain images or videos during the retreat. I will deliver any electronic equipment and time-keeping devices, including cell-phones, laptops, tablets, electronic readers, and watches under the custody of the organizers until the end of the retreat. I declare to know that not abiding by this rule can lead to expulsion from the retreat without any economic claim.
- I declare that I have not consumed any contraindicated substances, including cocaine, MDMA, ecstasy, benzodiazepines, or any psychiatric, antipsychotic or antidepressant medication, within at least one month before attending the retreat, and that I will not do so during and at least a week after the retreat. I realize that these are strictly contraindicated with the plant work and consumed within a month leading up to the retreat may result in severe psychological and physical damage. I was informed of contraindicated substances, and I assume my responsibility.
- I declare that I was informed of the contraindications for plant work, and take responsibility for having disclosed all health conditions and/or substances I may have consumed, and take responsibility for having followed the instructions referring to abstinence of contraindicated substances at least a month before arriving at the retreat. I understand that having consumed contraindicated substances within a month leading up to the retreat can mean that I cannot partake in the retreat, without any economic claim.
- I declare that I will abide by the retreat rules and recommendations of silence and isolation, as well as rules for ceremonies. I declare to know and understand that I can be expelled from the retreat if I do not comply with the rules of the retreat and my commitment to them, without any economic claim.
Data Protection Law
In accordance with the current regulations on the protection of personal data (Law 15/1999, of December 13, Protection of Personal Data), we inform you that your personal data is part of the files under the responsibility of the organization of the therapeutic session, remaining by this treaty under your responsibility, in order to manage your registration with the requested service and perform the administrative procedures necessary for its performance. You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition by contacting email@example.com.
I hereby agree that I have read the rules of the Sinchi Runa retreats (“Sinchi Runa Terms & Conditions, Retreat Rules & Obligatory Declarations Agreement”) and that I agree to abide by these rules and declarations. I agree to take full responsibility for myself and for my personal property. The decision to participate in the activities is my own and under my own responsibility. In addition, I agree that I will not hold Sinchi Runa responsible for any injuries or damages that might result from my participation in the activities of the retreat.
I hereby confirm that I have read and understood all the information on this form. I certify that I have answered all questions honestly and that I have not withheld any information. I am aware and authorize the use of above mentioned personal data in accordance with the regulations on data protection law.